Minimum wage increase

As of October 1, 2023, the general minimum wage increased from $15.50 to $16.55.

What does this mean for me?

If you are receiving loss-of-earnings benefits, the minimum wage increase might change the amount you receive.

If you are employed and your wage goes up due to the minimum wage increase, you must report this change to the WSIB. You can let us know by sending us a message through our online services, or by submitting a letter about your wage change online. You can also call us  at 1-800-387-0050.

After you report your new wage, we will let you know whether we will need to adjust your loss-of-earnings benefit. If your loss-of-earnings benefit is changing, we will call you and send a letter to let you know.

If you are not employed, but we have determined you are capable of working in a suitable occupation with a wage below the new minimum wage, we will consider the new minimum wage at your next annual case review and determine whether to adjust your loss-of-earnings benefit at that time. See our policy on Payment and Reviewing LOE Benefits (Prior to Final Review) for more information.

To find out how to call us, and more ways to get in touch, visit our contact us page.