Welcome to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board website (the “website”). In this agreement the terms “we”, “our” and “WSIB” refer to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario and “you” and “your” refer to you as the individual accessing or using the website on your own behalf and any entity on whose behalf you may be acting. Please note that use of the term “website” is deemed to include all information, materials, forms, eForms, products, services, eServices, and offers made available by WSIB through the website unless context or explicit language to the contrary provides otherwise.
- Capacity to Act and Accuracy of Information
- Additional Terms
- Changes to the Website
- No Endorsement
- Proper Use
- Permission to Reproduce
- External Links
- Linking to the Website
- Use of WSIB Logo as a Link to the Website
- User ID and Password Security
- Account Suspension and Termination
- WSIB Proprietary Rights
- Data, Telecommunications, and Other Charges
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Capacity to Act and Accuracy of Information
Changes to the Website
WSIB may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time without notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, WSIB may change the layout and formatting of the website, its availability and functionality, add, remove, modify or otherwise change any content or features on the website, impose limits on certain features or restrict access to all or part of the website.
Copyright in the website resides with WSIB unless otherwise indicated. © 1998-2018, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario. All rights reserved.
Where copyright resides with other than WSIB there may be additional restrictions on the reproduction and use of such content; the details of which shall be as provided on the relevant pages of the website or by additional terms.
The WSIB logo (the "Logo") is a trademark owned by WSIB. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Reference to organizations, services, products, processes and events on the website does not imply their endorsement or recommendation by WSIB and any failure to mention a particular organization, service, product, process or event is not a sign of disapproval.
You may not use the website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website. You agree not to interfere with any other user’s use or enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to secure portions of the website, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the website, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available to you through the website. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, you agree not to:
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any information that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or generally unlawful;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, entity, or organization;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the website, its servers, or networks supporting such, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations associated with the website; and
Permission to Reproduce
Information on the website has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for non-commercial personal and public use. Unless otherwise indicated, all information posted on the website, except for audio and video recordings and presentations, may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without charge or further permission from WSIB for non-commercial personal and public use, provided that: (a) your use is consistent with the restrictions contained in the Linking to the Website section; (b) the content is not modified; and (c) the copyright notice and applicable disclaimer are included.
Inquiries regarding reproduction should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WSIB is not responsible for third-party sites that may be linked to or from the website (including those that may have satisfied the Linking to the Website section). These linked sites may or may not be available in French and may or may not be accessible and/or in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Linking to or from the website does not imply on the part of WSIB an endorsement of the third-party’s products, services, or events offered. WSIB does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained on such sites (including the third-party’s right to display such information).
WSIB does not monitor the operation of third-party sites, their use of any information you may provide, or the accuracy and appropriateness of information contained on their site. Your access and use of third-party sites is entirely at your own risk.
Subject to the restrictions below, you may link to public areas of the website. Areas you may not link to include those:
- located behind a log-in screen;
- that require a user name or password; or
- any area where linking is expressly prohibited.
For those areas of the website where linking is permitted, you may link your site to such if:
- you are providing your customers or stakeholders with information about workplace safety and insurance or your site promotes workplace health and safety;
- the placement and context of the link on your site is reasonable and appropriate;
- you are reputable and in good standing with all applicable legal requirements and relevant legislation;
- your business and mandate are consistent with WSIB’s vision;
- the link does not misrepresent your relationship with WSIB and does not impinge upon the good name or goodwill of WSIB; and
- your website does not contain content that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive.
Determinations as to your satisfaction of the above restrictions shall be made by WSIB in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding your compliance with the foregoing, WSIB reserves the right to withdraw its permission. If WSIB exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to the website.
Use of WSIB Logo as a Link to the Website
From your site you may use the Logo as a link to the home page of the website if you are in compliance with the Linking to the Website section, you agree to use the Logo in compliance with same, and you agree not to:
- adopt, use, register or attempt to register anywhere in the world any logo or mark confusingly similar to the Logo;
- do or cause to be done any act or thing, directly or indirectly, contesting or in any impairing WSIB’s right, title or interest in the Logo;
- alter the Logo in any manner, including proportions, colours, elements, etc., or animate, morph or otherwise distort its perspective or two-dimensional appearance;
- use the Logo in a manner which displays it in a negative or disparaging manner;
- use the Logo as a predominate feature, displaying the Logo larger or more prominently than other company logos; and
- use the Logo as a feature or design element of any other logo or any other name or trademark.
The following notice shall accompany the Logo on the page of your site where the Logo appears:
“The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board’s logo is a trademark owned by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario.”
Notwithstanding your satisfaction of and compliance with the foregoing, WSIB reserves the right to withdraw its permission. If WSIB exercises this right, you will immediately remove the Logo from your site.
WSIB takes the accessibility of the website by persons with disabilities seriously. Further to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act WSIB has taken steps to make the website more accessible. To learn more about the steps taken and for further information please visit the accessibility section of the website.User ID and Password Security
Where provided a password and/or user ID, remember that these are to be kept in strict confidence. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of such. You agree to immediately notify your organization and WSIB if: (a) your password and/or user ID are lost or stolen; (b) your password and/or user ID are improperly accessed or used; (c) the security of your password and/or user ID is compromised or in jeopardy of being compromised; or (d) you become aware of any other breach of security.
Account Suspension and Termination
WSIB Proprietary Rights
Data, Telecommunications, and Other Charges
Your use of the website may result in you incurring data, internet, or other charges. Any such charges are solely your responsibility.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The website is provided to you on “as is” “as available” basis without warranty, representation, or condition of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, availability, security, and accuracy. While WSIB has made reasonable efforts to keep the website current and accurate, we assume no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies that may exist. WSIB is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the website. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of the website and to ensure its appropriateness for your situation.
WSIB shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with your access or use of the website.