The WSIB creates Administrative Practice Documents when we determine there is a need for a supplementary document to assist in understanding the practical application of operational policy and law relative to worker claims and employer accounts.
The existing documents, previously on the Adjudicative Advice Documents page, are now listed below. We created them to promote understanding of the application of key adjudication principles and concepts.
Over the past several years, we have transformed how we deliver services to workers and employers. While the fundamental adjudicative principles outlined in the Adjudicative Advice Documents remain sound, some of the documents require housekeeping changes and process revisions to reflect our current service delivery models.
We are undertaking a review of this information to assess the ongoing need and usage of each document and to ensure the content is up-to-date. As we refresh the Adjudicative Advice Documents, they will be re-titled and called Administrative Practice Documents.
Our policy documents are available in the Operational Policy Manual and the Employer Classification Manual.
If you have any questions about these documents, please email us at email@example.com.
- Determining Maximum Medical Recovery and Permanent Impairment (August 2015) (PDF)
- Loss of Earnings (LOE) Benefit Reviews (March 2015) (PDF)
- Maintenance Treatment (April 2015) (PDF)
- Permanent Impairment Guidelines for Acromioplasty, Repetitive Strain Injuries and Splenectomy (November 2015) (PDF)
- Pre-existing Conditions (December 2014) (PDF)
- Return to Work Considerations (May 2015) (PDF)
- Traumatic Mental Stress (June 2016) (PDF)
- Weighing of Medical Evidence (May 2017) (PDF)
- Premium Frequency APD (PDF)
- Voluntary Registration APD (PDF)
- Employer Premium Adjustments APD (PDF)
- Expanded Compulsory Coverage (PDF)
- Insurable Earnings in Construction (PDF)
Adjudicative advice documents
- A Code of Conduct for Representatives Dealing with WSIB Situations (PDF)
- A Worker is a Worker (PDF)
- Coverage and Entitlement for Workers Hired Under the Commonwealth Caribbean and Mexican Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (PDF)
- Employers’ Initial Accident Reporting Obligations - Clarification (PDF)
- Initial Entitlement (Disablement) (PDF)
- Practice Guidelines for Ordering Loss of Earnings (LOE) Benefits Arrears Under WSIA (PDF)
- Students, Apprentices and Learners - Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Retrospective Return to Work (RTW) Situations (PDF)