We’re here to help you
A number of WSIB staff may be involved in assisting you with the return-to-work process, supporting your successful return to work. We ensure that the appropriate help and expertise is available when you need it.
Our Eligibility Adjudicator will:
- Determine eligibility upon receiving a claim for benefits
- Support you and your employer in your return to work efforts by sharing any available information on your functional abilities and/or precautions.
Our Case Manager will:
- Set return to work and recovery goals, and plan activities in collaboration with you, your employer and treating health professional to achieve return to work and recovery
- Arrange and monitor – when needed – return to work by a Return-to-Work Specialist.
- Ensure you and your employer are well informed about what is happening, who is accountable and what to expect.
Our Nurse Consultant will:
- Provide clinical advice, guidance and interventions to mitigate obstacles if there is a delay in your recovery and return to work.
Our Return to Work Specialist will:
- Provide information to you and your employer on the return to work process as well as educate both of you on your rights and obligations
- Identify issues that present obstacles to your return to work and the intervention(s) required to overcome them and achieve positive return to work outcomes.
- Help you and your employer develop a plan for your return to your pre-injury job - with or without accommodations.
- Provide expert advice, vocational rehabilitation planning, and support you and your employer in coordinating your return to work, which may include further accommodations and/or transition to a different job with your employer or with a new employer if necessary
Are you having issues with a Return-to-Work service provider?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, you can call 416-344- 3495, or toll free at 1-800-387-0750 and follow the automated directions. For example, when you are prompted to enter the 10 digit telephone number of the person you are trying to reach, key in 416-344- 3495.