The Ministry of Labour is responsible for injury and illness prevention in Ontario’s workplaces. We also play a role in promoting workplace health and safety and actively support and work with the Ministry of Labour and Chief Prevention Officer.
One way we are promoting health and safety is through our new health and safety tools.
- Using our online tool Compass, anyone can find and compare health and safety statistics for workplaces across the province.
- Our new Workwell app is a tool that you can use to evaluate your health and safety management system and improve health and safety and return to work in your workplace.
Where to go for information on health and safety prevention
- Visit the Ministry of Labour's prevention webpage.
- To find the most up-to-date prevention regulations and more employer guidance tools, visit the Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Supervisors webpage on the Ministry of Labour website.
- Visit our Health and Safety Community webpage to find information on how to connect with our health and safety partners.
Health and safety topics
- Health and safety topics
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
- Preventing violence in the workplace: Bill 168
Employer rights and responsibilities
Health and safety community