We need your consent before communicating with you via email in some instances.
Businesses emailing us about your account
Emailing us about claims
You can submit claim-related forms, letters and more.
In some cases, we send emails to share claim information, with verbal consent. You will not be able to reply to these messages, and they are not encrypted unless you see “WSIB Secure” included in the subject.
Knowing the risks
By consenting to email with us, you acknowledge and accept that there are risks associated with communicating by email. Transmitting information by unencrypted email has a number of risks that you should be aware of which include, but are not limited to:
- Email communications from the WSIB are not encrypted
- Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure information transmitted over public networks.
- Email can be circulated, forwarded and stored in numerous paper and electronic files.
- Use of email to discuss sensitive business information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
- Email can be misdirected, resulting in information being received by unintended and/or unknown recipients.
- Email is easier to falsify than handwritten or signed documents and it is impossible to verify the true identity of the sender, or to ensure that only the recipient can read the email once it has been sent.
- Email can be intercepted, altered, forwarded or used without authorization or detection.
- Email can be used to introduce viruses or other computer software code or routines designed to modify, erase, destroy, corrupt, disable, damage or impair other software or information into computer systems.
- Backup copies of email may exist even after the sender or the recipient has deleted his or her copy.
- Email can be used as evidence in court.
As a safety precaution, we recommend using software to check email for threats. We do not accept liability for any damage you may experience by viewing the content of emails.
You are responsible for notifying us of any changes to the email addresses that are authorized.
Once we receive the completed email consent form for business, or verbal authorization is provided from the owner of the business, we will communicate via email with the authorized contact and email address as requested.