You can ensure you receive your WSIB benefit payments quickly and efficiently by using the WSIB’s direct deposit services.
Direct deposit is a fast, safe and easy way to receive your benefit payments.
It is also:
- reliable – no risk of lost, forgotten or stolen cheques or postal delays
- completely confidential
- convenient – no need to spend valuable time depositing benefit cheques at your financial institution
- accessible – your money is available as soon as it's deposited — no more cheque holds
- great for the environment – saves paper
If you receive on-going benefit payments and have a bank account at a Canadian financial institution, you can request direct deposit for your benefit payments.
How to sign up for direct deposit
By switching to direct deposit you will receive your regular payments directly through your financial institution instead of through the mail (direct deposit is only available for Canadian financial institutions).
You can sign up for direct deposit to get your eligible benefit payments sent right into your account through one of the below options.
Please do not submit direct deposit information through document upload.
1) Sign up for online services and add your direct deposit information
- Visit wsib.ca/onlineservices and under the injured or ill people tab, click log in. Have your claim number and personal identification number (PIN) ready. If you don’t have your PIN, call 1-800-387-0750 and we can send it to you.
- Add your claim to your account then add your direct deposit information from the ‘My claims’ page. It can take up to three business days to process your request.
- If you reported your injury or illness through your online services account and chose to have your claim added to your account, you’ll need your PIN to sign up for direct deposit.
2) Complete a Direct Deposit Request Form and provide supporting documents
- Fill out a WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form (PDF). Make sure you include your claim number and signature.
- Get a pre-authorized direct deposit enrollment form online or in person from your financial institution OR provide a ‘VOID’ personalized cheque with your name pre-printed on it.
- Send the WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form along with either the pre-authorized enrollment form or ‘VOID’ cheque to the WSIB by fax at 416-344-4684 or by mail to:
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
200 Front Street West