The WSIB will reimburse health professionals for information provided through telephone consultations. When information is needed quickly to expedite a decision, WSIB staff or providers who call on WSIB’s behalf (e.g. Medical Consultants, and Low Back Expert Examiners) will call to initiate the consultation.
We will only pay for calls initiated by the following WSIB staff members:
- Eligibility Adjudicator
- Case Manager
- Nurse Consultant
- Return to Work Specialist
- Work Transition Specialist
- Staff Physician
- Claims Investigator (in some cases)
You do not need to submit an invoice. Our staff member making the call will automatically process the fee for your service.
The following guidelines apply in all circumstances:
- We must initiate the telephone consultation
- In most cases, you need not send a report documenting the telephone consultation
- We will pay for written documentation only if we request it
Questions about the fee
If you have questions regarding the telephone consultation fee, please call our Health Professional Access Line toll-free at 1-800-569-7919 or 416-344-4526.