2020 Grants competition is now closed
The 2020 grants competition opened on Monday, January 6, 2020 and we accepted proposals until Friday, February 14, 2020.
This page provides information about our grant priority areas, proposal selection process, proposal instructions, and the grants application form.
If you would like updates about our grants program, including future calls for proposals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add you to our email distribution list.
Grants priority areas
The WSIB’s grants program focuses on supporting the following priorities in the WSIB’s Strategic Plan:
- Make Ontario a safer place to work
- Improve return-to-work and recovery outcomes
- Meet our customers’ needs and expectations
The grants agenda provides more information on the priority areas and topics of interest for the 2020 proposal.
We're committed to providing exceptional programs and services to the people and businesses of Ontario.
The objective of the WSIB grants program is to enhance workers’ compensation system outcomes by supporting innovative proposals that are aligned to our strategic mandate.
The program accomplishes this through highly practical research studies delivered by professionals and organizations that can strengthen Ontario's workers' compensation system now and in the future.
We follow a rigorous and transparent proposal selection process for our grants program. We accept the following types of proposals:
1. Research proposals
- Expert research proposals that deliver practical results for the workplace safety and compensation system
- Workplace-based projects that create partnerships between the workplace, researchers and organizations
2. Training proposals
- Initiatives that help people with workplace injuries and illnesses, employers and the workplace safety and compensation system solve long-standing barriers
- Innovative opportunities that build capacity in the community and offer significant potential to improve system results
For more information, review the grant proposal instructions (PDF).
Download the WSIB grants application form (PDF).
Initial Proposal Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020