Most businesses in Ontario are covered by the WSIB. Under current legislation, independent operators, sole proprietors, some partners in a partnership and some executive officers who work in construction are required to have WSIB coverage.
Our insurable earnings and premium estimator for the construction industry is a tool for businesses and independent operators to estimate and calculate your insurable earnings and premiums based on the information that you provide.
See specific information for:
- independent operators
- executive officers of a corporation with employees
- sole proprietors with employees
- partners in a partnership (with or without employees)
Reporting and paying premiums is a two-step process. Report your premiums and pay online.
Administrative Practice Documents
Our Administrative Practice Documents (known as APDs ) provide important information to help you better understand mandatory coverage in the construction industry and meet your obligations.
The following policies guide the implementation of mandatory coverage in construction:
- Expanded Compulsory Coverage in Construction
- Clearance Certificate in Construction
- Insurable Earnings - Construction