The WSIB is governed by a Board of Directors who are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. Made up of people from across Ontario, they share our commitment to making Ontario the safest and healthiest place to work and setting the standard for outcomes in recovery, return to work, occupational health care and claims decision making.
Our senior executive team is focused on implementing our Strategic Plan. The team is responsible for overseeing the administration of the organization and relentlessly pursuing improvements to health and safety and people’s experiences with us.
Thomas Teahen, President & CEO
The WSIB is one of the largest insurance organizations in North America, which delivers services to more than five million people and 290,000 businesses across Ontario.
- Colin Grant – General Counsel
- Steve Jackson, Special Advisor to the President & CEO
Brian Jarvis, Chief Operating Officer
Our Operations cluster delivers on the core business function of the WSIB – helping people with a safe and timely recovery and return to work.
- Scott Bujeya, Vice President Health Services
- Evie DoCouto, Vice President Return-to-Work
- Armando Fattigati, Vice President Complex Claims
- Slavica Todorovic, Vice President Appeals Services
- Frank Veltri, Vice President Eligibility and Case Management
Ernest Chui, Chief Financial Officer
Our Finance cluster is responsible for the financial health and integrity of the organization, accountable for the funds required to support people with injuries or illnesses in their recovery and return to work.
- Don Blue, Vice President and Chief Actuary
- Robert Hannon, Vice President Financial Planning and Operations
Jennifer Anderson, Chief Service Excellence Officer
Our Service Excellence cluster focuses exclusively on ensuring that we are providing the best service experience possible to the people coming to us for help.
- Dennis Lemon, Vice President Service Excellence
Susanna Zagar, Chief Strategy and Analytics Officer
Our Strategy and Analytics cluster leads the development of our strategic direction, facilitates the development and execution of the corporate plan, ensures alignment of activities across the organization and the attraction and retention of high-performing, talented people.
- Rod Cook, Vice President Workplace Health and Safety Services
- Donna Holmes, Vice President Human Resources
- Christina Hoy, Vice President Corporate Business Information and Analytics
- Aaron Lazarus, Vice President Communications
- Angela Powell, Vice President Policy and Consultation Services
- Amy Valliquette, Vice President Strategy and Enterprise Portfolio Management Office
Samantha Liscio, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer
Our Information and Technology cluster develops and implements electronic solutions to support the work of our staff and to improve the customer experience.
Tom Bell, Chief Risk Officer
Our Risk cluster helps ensure the organization is making risk-based decisions, plans and delivering innovative solutions.
- Ted Aslanidis, Vice President Strategic Procurement, Real Estate and Facilities Management and Corporate Security
- Michael Di Iulio, Vice President Internal Audit
- Janine Dyck, Vice President Employer Account Services
- Mark Moody, Vice President Corporate Compliance
John Denham, Chief Investment Officer
Our Investment cluster ensures strong strategic oversight of our investment assets to help secure our financial future and meet all of our benefit and service obligations to people who need our help.
- Karen Bailey, Vice President Investment Strategy