The WSIB is governed by a Board of Directors who are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. Made up of people from across Ontario, they share our commitment to making Ontario the safest and healthiest place to work and setting the standard for outcomes in recovery, return to work, occupational health care and claims decision making.
Our senior executive team is focused on implementing our Strategic Plan. The team is responsible for overseeing the administration of the organization and relentlessly pursuing improvements to health and safety and people’s experiences with us.
Jeffery Lang, President & CEO
The WSIB is one of the largest insurance organizations in North America, which delivers services to more than five million people and 290,000 businesses across Ontario.
- Gavin Pokan, Chief Operating Officer
- Janine Dyck, Chief Employer Services Officer
- Andrea McKinney, Chief Corporate Services and Technology Officer
- David Minas, Chief Financial Officer
- Eric Kupka, General Counsel (A)
- Anna Filice, Chief People Officer
- Leif Malling, Chief Strategy and Risk Officer
Gavin Pokan, Chief Operating Officer
Our Operations and Service Excellence team directly helps people who have been injured or made ill because of work. We are committed to helping people with a safe and timely recovery and return to work.
- Connie Galdame, Vice President, Case Management
- Maria Lee, Vice President, Service Excellence (A)
- Julie Thurlow, Vice President, Specialized Claims and Recovery Services
- Frank Veltri, Senior Director, Appeals
- Cathy Wright, Vice President, Case Management (A)
Janine Dyck, Chief Employer Services Officer
Our Employer Services team focuses on our business customers. Our goal is to help people to register their business, report and pay premiums and to reduce injuries and illness in their workplace.
- Rod Cook, Vice President, Workplace Health and Safety Services
- Darshi Gurusinghe, Vice President, Employer Account Services
- Mike Johnston, Vice President, Corporate Compliance
Andrea McKinney, Chief Corporate Services and Technology Officer
Our Corporate Services and Technology team enables the organization through electronic solutions, data analytics and reporting, communications, change management and language services, enterprise portfolio management, as well as our vendor and supply management.
- Craig Batten, Vice President, IT Application Management Services (A)
- Lee-Anne Black, Vice President Corporate Business Information and Analytics
- Steve Ferrigni, Vice President IT Infrastructure and Operations and Chief Information and Security Officer
- Aaron Lazarus, Vice President Communications
- Nandini Syed, Vice President, Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Services (A)
David Minas, Chief Financial Officer
Our Finance team is responsible for the financial health and integrity of the organization, and accountable for the funds required to support people with injuries or illnesses in their recovery and return to work.
- Karen Bailey, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
- Robert Hannon, Vice President, Financial Planning and Operations
- Ligia Acevedo, Vice President and Chief Actuary (A)
- Lucy Qi, Vice President, Financial Reporting
Anna Filice, Chief People Officer
- Dawn Hannemann, Vice-President, Organizational Development & Learning
Leif Malling, Chief Strategy and Risk Officer
- Tiffany Turnbull, Vice President, Policy and Consultation Services
- Phillip Young, Vice President, Real Estate and Facilities Management