2024 submissions opening soon.
Win up to $10,000 by telling us what your small business has done over the past year to improve your workplace health and safety.
We know how hard small business owners and operators work to keep their employees healthy and safe.
That’s why each year we recognize the health and safety achievements of independently-owned and operated businesses with fewer than 50 employees through our Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards.
- Gold – $10,000
- Silver – $6,000
- Bronze – $4,000
Who can enter:
- businesses registered with the WSIB whose account is in good standing (i.e., all premiums and other amounts owing to the WSIB are paid up-to-date, no convictions under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act)
- independently-owned and operated businesses that have at least one employee (not including the owner/operator) but less than 50 employees
- during the life of their business, entrants must not have:
- any fatalities in the workplace
- any convictions by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development for violations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations or the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
- past winners are not eligible to re-apply for five years
How to enter:
Download and save the submission form on your computer or device, and enter your responses in the text fields
- Send your completed submission form to email@example.com
Shortlisted businesses will be asked to send supporting information for the answers provided in the submission form. The types of files you can send us include photos, documents, videos, signage, certifications, etc.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the submission process – we’re here to help.
2023 award winners
Our 2023 winners are:
- Gold – Sign FX, Ottawa
- Silver – BESI (Building Envelope Systems Installations), Vaughan
- Bronze – Tawse Winery, Vineland
You can check out what it means to Sign FX to be recognized as a health and safety leader in Ontario.
Interested in taking health and safety in your business to the next level?
Keeping your team safe and healthy at work is good for business. Our Health and Safety Excellence program helps you make your workplace safer while earning rebates on your WSIB premiums.