Congratulations to our 2022 winners:
- Gold – Just Working Construction Inc. (Kitchener-Waterloo)
- Silver – Northern Equipment Rentals (Sudbury)
- Bronze – Diamond Tree Care and Consulting Inc. (Georgetown)
You can check out how our gold winner, Just Working Construction Inc., improved their workplace health and safety and learn more about how you can do the same.
Our winners were announced at our Small Business Health and Safety Forum on January 26, 2023.
Submission period for 2022 is now closed.
Win up to $10,000 by telling us what your small business has done over the past year to promote health and safety in your workplace.
We know how hard small business owners and operators work to keep their employees healthy and safe.
That’s why each year we recognize the health and safety achievements of independently owned and operated businesses with fewer than 50 employees through our Elizabeth Witmer Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards.
Entering is easy – just answer the questions in our submission form and email it back to us.
We’ll review the entries and if yours is chosen for our short list, you’ll be asked to provide supporting materials for the answers you give on your submission form (like photos, documents, video etc.).
The top three businesses will receive a monetary prize, and we’ve doubled prize amounts this year, so you could win:
- Gold prize – $10,000
- Silver – $6,000
- Bronze – $4,000
Who can enter:
- Businesses registered with the WSIB whose account is in good standing (i.e., all premiums and other amounts owing to the WSIB are paid up-to-date, no convictions, good claims history).
- Independently-owned and operated businesses that have at least one employee (not including the owner/operator) but less than 50 employees.
- During the life of their business, entrants must not have:
- Any fatalities in the workplace
- Any convictions by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development for violations to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations or the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
- Past winners are not eligible to enter the awards again for five years.
Interested in taking health and safety in your business to the next level?
Keeping your team safe and healthy at work is good for business. Our Health and Safety Excellence program helps you make your workplace safer, while earning rebates on your WSIB premiums.