- Who should I call if I have any questions about the online submission option?
- What number should providers call if they do not understand their new remittance statement?
- What is the role of Telus Health Solutions?
- What are the benefits of this payment system?
- What about payments to physicians? Does the payment system affect them?
- What type of services can providers submit electronically?
1. Who should I call if I have any questions or if I wish to register for online submission?
Call the Telus Health Solutions Help Desk at 1-866-240-7492.
They can call the WSIB toll-free payment inquiry hotline at 1-800-387-0750.
While the WSIB continues to adjudicate entitlement to benefits, Telus Health Solutions is our external payment processor and manages the processing of these payments on our behalf. We are using their eHealth Solutions Group because they are an industry leader in offering this type of service for the North American insurance industry.
The benefits are improved service, the faster processing of payments, and easier to understand remittance statements that include more detailed information.
For physicians, the new payment system applies to payment of medical reports and services billed as set out in the WSIB Physician Fee Schedule. It does not affect what physicians bill to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for services provided to injured/ill workers.
The system has the capacity to allow providers to submit their payment requests for treatment services electronically instead of submitting a provider payment request form or account card. Providers that can submit the Form 8, Form 26 and FAF can submit the reports using the eProvider Reporting Service.