Our Workwell program looks at the health and safety and return-to-work performance of your workplace to see if we feel you would benefit from our support. We provide this service because we want to work together with you to make your workplace one of the safest and healthiest in the province.
Check out Scafom’s testimonial video to learn more about WSIB evaluations, and how your business could benefit.
Benefits of Workwell
Applying health and safety and disability management best practices is worth it, regardless of the size or type of your business. The time, energy and resources you put toward having a good health and safety management system and return-to-work program are much less than the costs of accident recovery and the related effects on your business (i.e., customer service, resource replacement, WSIB premium costs, reduced production, quality, etc.).
Employers who take part in our program and make improvements to their workplace health and safety management systems and return-to-work programs have fewer injuries, illnesses and reduced lost time. These things all lead to customer service continuity, improved production and better quality, less downtime, improved employee morale and greater profit.
How the program works
We review different statistics to find the workplaces who may need support because they have more frequent lost-time injuries and workers who are off for longer periods than average. If your workplace is selected for a Workwell Assessment, we will offer this service to you in writing.
Here’s what you can expect:
- The Workwell Evaluator will contact you to make an appointment for a visit.
- Together you will review and discuss your injury/illness and return-to-work statistics over the last three years.
- To do your assessment, we’ll:
- Look at your health and safety and return-to-work program documentation (e.g., policies, procedures and records);
- Watch your workplace’s practices and procedures in action;
- Tour your workplace; and
- Interview staff and management.
- Next, we'll work with you to identify priorities that could have immediate effects based on what we find and develop an implementation plan to help you make improvements to your return-to-work program and overall health and safety management system.
- We’ll continue to offer post-implementation support.
- We’ll provide you with recommendations for valuable health and safety and return-to-work resources.
Helping you get started
Here are some tools to help you get started:
Using the Workwell app
Our free, easy-to-use Workwell app is another tool that you can use to evaluate your health and safety management system and improve health and safety and return-to-work outcomes in your workplace.
Use the Workwell app to evaluate your program against the Workwell standard, note observations, save your evaluations and share your assessments. You can also use the app to look up health and safety standards and find resources to help you make improvements and take corrective measures.
The app is available to download on the Apple App Store and on the Google Play Store.
For more information, check out our frequently asked questions.
If we haven’t contacted you, but you want to learn more about how you can improve your health and safety system, contact us and we will let you know if Workwell is the right program for you.
For more information, contact Workplace Health and Safety Services at 1-800-387-0750 ex. 5533 or 416-344-5533.