Please note that this program is no longer offered. Check out our new Health and Safety Excellence program.
We want to make it easier for you to know your workplace health and safety role and responsibilities. Our Building Your Health and Safety Program training is designed to help you:
- save money;
- understand your health and safety responsibilities; and
- access free, easy-to-understand health and safety materials.
Sign up for the free Building Your Health and Safety Program training
To sign up:
- Check our Building Your Health and Safety Program training schedule for sessions in your area; and
- Complete our registration form (PDF)
Earn a 7 per cent rebate
Participation in the program can earn you a one-time 7 per cent rebate on last year’s premium. You could qualify by meeting the requirements of our Building Your Health and Safety Program training:
Attend all three in-class training sessions (each session is four hours).
Complete the following:
Develop the following:
Once you complete the Building Your Program training, you can schedule a visit at your workplace with a health and safety consultant.
Find out if your small business is eligible
To qualify for the 7 per cent rebate your small business must also:
- be registered as a Schedule 1 employer and be in good standing with the WSIB;
- pay an annual premium of $90,000 or less;
- not be currently registered in the Safety Groups Program; and
- not have already received a rebate in the Building Your Health and Safety program (previously called SCIP).
To receive your rebate, you must submit all program requirements within 30 days of attending the final training session.
- For training completed between January and July, your rebate will be issued by the end of the year.
- For training completed between August and December, your rebate will be issued by the end of June the following year.