Please note that this program is no longer offered. Check out our new Health and Safety Excellence program.
Our Safety Groups Program now has more options for you to choose from. Whether you’re just starting to build your health and safety program or blazing a path towards excellence, we have a suitable program option to help you reach your goals.
Benefits of the program
We know that you want to protect your employees and stop injuries from happening at your workplace. Investing in your health and safety program makes good business sense and protects you from risk.
Safety Groups offers peer-networking, best practice knowledge-sharing and financial incentives. You could share in a rebate of up to seven per cent of the group’s total premium (allocated per sponsor disbursement plan).
How the program works
You can sign up to our Safety Groups Program through one of our approved sponsors. Your sponsor will organize meetings and workshops and guide you in developing your health and safety action plan.
Find a safety group sponsor
To find the right safety group for your business, find your industry/sector from the list below and review the fact sheets to see the services they offer and the region they serve. You can also see the rebates each safety group earned the previous year. If you have further questions about the group or decide that you’re ready to sign up, contact the safety group sponsor directly.
- Employers' Advocacy Council (EAC CVMA)
- Employers' Advocacy Council (EAC Magna)
- The Construction Association of Thunder Bay Factsheet (PDF)
- Grand Valley Construction Association Factsheet (PDF)
- Interior Systems Contractors Association of Ontario
- Regional Construction Group Factsheet (PDF)
- Infrastructure Health & Safety Association - Construction/Electrical Factsheet (PDF)
Healthcare / Education / Government
- Dunk & Associates (Leaders in Safety) Factsheet (PDF)
- Employers' Advocacy Council/Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Factsheet (PDF)
- Kingston Partners for a Safe Community Factsheet (PDF)
- Northern Ontario Safety Group Factsheet (PDF)
- Wellington Medical Safety Group Factsheet (PDF)
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services Factsheet (PDF)
Earn a rebate
When you reach the goals set out in your action plan and improve the health and safety performance at your workplace by the end of the year, you can earn a rebate of up to seven per cent of your WSIB premium. The rebates you get through our Safety Groups Program are over and above any rebates or surcharges you earn through our Experience Rating Programs.
2018 Safety Groups Program Rebates
|Safety group||Total of SG Premium ($)||Rebate ($)||Final SG Rebate % out of 5% max|
|Association of Canadian Search, Employment & Staff Services||24,844,442.27||1,064,988.80||4.28|
|Construction Association of Thunder Bay||1,777,577.95||36,361.46||2.19|
|Canada East Equipment Dealers Association||13,840.38||644.03||3.29|
|Canadian Home Furnishings Alliance||1,035,273.34||40,374.44||3.89|
|Employer's Advocacy Council - Canadian Vehicle Manuf. Assoc.||77,479,845.23||3,354,877.30||4.33|
|Dunk & Associates - Leaders in Safety||79,890,541.56||3,826,756.91||4.79|
|Employer's Advocacy Council - Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters||31,953,534.31||924,048.24||2.91|
|Employer's Advocacy Council -MAGNA||33,761,898.67||1,445,009.24||4.28|
|Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium||22,111,625.32||908,926.37||4.13|
|Grand Valley Construction Association||5,490,046.57||292,612.36||4.82|
|Infrastructure Health & Safety Association/Transportation Group||60,861,263.57||1,968,738.08||3.31|
|Infrastructure Health & Safety Association/Construction & Electrical||23,045,486.94||848,846.70||3.72|
|Interior Systems Contractors Association of Ontario||14,217,500.72||568,700.03||4.00|
|Kingston Partners for a Safe Community||4,072,567.63||194,612.80||4.79|
|Northern Ontario Safety Group||4,780,655.78||162,064.23||3.39|
|Ontario Hospital Association||37,659,965.57||1,239,012.88||3.29|
|Ontario Printing Association||1,889,386.48||70,834.80||3.75|
|Public Services Health and Safety Association||56,208,905.40||2,045,213.28||3.65|
|Retail Council of Canada||30,147,120.41||1,407,870.52||4.67|
|Regional Construction Safety Group||32,872,669.13||1,189,368.21||3.70|
|Wellington Medical Safety Group||5,322,918.65||239,531.37||4.50|
|Workplace Safety and Prevention Services||165,485,491.75||6,335,224.94||3.85|
Forms and guides
- FAQs (PDF)
- Safety groups program options (PDF)
- Safety group advantage program options (PDF)
- Employers' Guidelines (PDF)
- Safety Groups Program Firm Application Form (PDF)
- Validation Audit Pledge (PDF)
- Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) Audit Program Standard (PDF)
- Safety Group Program Validation Audit Pledge 1- 5 Year Firms (PDF)
- Sample Current Year’s Continual Improvement Plan (PDF)
Find out more
For more information, call a Workplace Health and Safety Services Program Administrator at 416-344-5533, (toll-free 1-800-387-0750 ext. 5533); or email firstname.lastname@example.org.