Health and Safety Excellence program: Pandemic readiness
Our program is flexible and tailored to support businesses during this time. You can:
- change topics on your approved action plan – program members can switch to topics that address the impacts of COVID-19.
- extend deadlines – the 12-month timeline to complete topics and submit validation evidence has been extended to 15 months to help businesses juggle multiple priorities.
Our program boasts 36 health and safety topics to help build a comprehensive health and safety system, five topics address the immediate pandemic-related priorities and can help businesses safely resume operations and remain open.
- Risk assessment – assess health and safety risks in your workplace including COVID-19. For instance any new or modified operations or work locations, such as transitioning to work from home offices.
- Control of hazards – control the spread of COVID-19 through implementation of engineering controls, administrative controls, safe work practices, such as hygiene and sanitation, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Emergency prevention and preparedness – ensure your organization is ready to address challenges resulting from emergencies such as COVID-19 and is pandemic ready.
- Emergency response – define a work plan to address emergencies including (e.g. COVID-19) and resume your business operations safely.
- Workplace health promotion – empower your staff and support employee mental health through the pandemic and beyond. Foster a more engaged and resilient workforce.
Our health and safety excellence program can also be adapted to create a recovery roadmap for businesses. We can help you resume your business operations safely and confidently and increase your resiliency. Our roadmap features pathways for different business needs and sizes, and will guide you through the four key steps to recovering and rebuilding your health and safety programs:
- Identify, assess and control hazards
- Resume and maintain operations
- Build resiliency and sustainability
- Evaluate and ensure continual improvement
As you complete the roadmap you can earn rebates on your premiums and recognition for your health and safety investments and improvements.