eClearance is the fastest, most efficient way to request a Clearance to confirm that you (or a business you’ve hired) are registered with the WSIB and that the account is in good standing.
Newly registered accounts
Most newly registered employers requiring a clearance certificate at the time of registration will need to make an initial advance payment of $250. This payment is applied to your WSIB account as a credit and will be applied towards your future premiums.
An advance payment is not new to the WSIB. Based on your feedback as of October 1, 2017, we have moved to a more consistent and transparent approach by requiring a standard amount of $250 for the advance payment.
Three ways to obtain a Clearance using eClearance:
Use this version if you hire and manage more than one contractor or you work for more than one principal at a time.
- Create a list of contractors that you need Clearances for
- Auto-renew Clearances for contractors on your list until either you cancel, or an account is no longer in good standing
- Manage up to 10 lists of 1,000 contractors
- View your clearance history
- Search and create up to 200 Clearances at a time
- Receive reminder emails
- Recall and renew a previously issued Clearance.
- Log in now!
- Don’t have a user ID? Sign up now!
Use this version for quick access on your phone or tablet if you’re away from the computer.
You will require an account number to use this application.
- Create a Clearance
- View a Clearance
- Check a Clearance status
- Access eClearance mobile
Quick Access (Guest)
Use this version if you only occasionally need Clearances.
- No log in required
- Create, check and view your Clearances
- Manually enter all required info every time you use this version
- Create your quick access eClearance now