We’re here to help you
A number of WSIB staff may be involved in assisting you with the Work Reintegration process, supporting the activities of you and your worker in achieving a successful return to work. We ensure that the appropriate help and expertise is available when you need it.
Our Eligibility Adjudicator will:
- Determine eligibility upon receiving a claim for benefits
- Support you and your employer in your return to work efforts by sharing any available information on your functional abilities and/or precautions.
Our Case Manager will:
- Set return to work and recovery goals, and plan activities in collaboration with you, your employer and treating health professional to achieve return to work and recovery
- Arrange and monitor – when needed – Work Reintegration by a Return to Work Specialist or Work Transition Specialist.
- Ensure you and your employer are well informed about what is happening, who is accountable and what to expect.
Our Nurse Consultant will:
- Provide clinical advice, guidance and interventions to mitigate obstacles if there is a delay in your recovery and return to work.
Our Return to Work Specialist will:
- Provide information to you and your employer on the return to work process as well as educate both of you on your rights and obligations
- Identify issues that present obstacles to your return to work and the intervention(s) required to overcome them and achieve positive return to work outcomes.
- Help you and your employer develop a plan for your return to your pre-injury job - with or without accommodations.
Our Work Transition Specialist will:
- Provide expert advice, vocational rehabilitation planning, and support you and your employer in coordinating work reintegration, which may include further accommodations and/or transition to a different job with your employer or with a new employer if necessary
- Assist you, your employer and your WSIB Case Manager in facilitating a work transition in cases where a return to accommodated work is not possible.
Work Reintegration Complaints Office
The Work Reintegration Complaints Office is a new resource for workers with concerns about the quality of services they are currently receiving as part of their Work Transition plan.