September 13, 2017
2018 Rate Setting
Approved the Chief Actuary’s recommendation:
- An average 3% Schedule 1 premium rate decrease in 2018; and that
- The decrease be applied at the Rate Group level.
2017 Economic Statement
Approved the 2017 Economic Statement.
September 21, 2017
Chronic Mental Stress
Approved the Chronic Mental Stress Policy including the:
- Use of Physicians to conduct diagnostic assessments.
- Substantial Work-Related Stressor criterion.
- Use of the predominant cause test.
Report to Stakeholders
Approved the unaudited Second Quarter 2017 Report to Stakeholders, such document to be posted to the WSIB’s external website.
Approved the unaudited Second Quarter 2017 Sufficiency Report to Stakeholders, such document to be posted to the WSIB’s external website.
Rate Setting for 2018
Approved the Chief Actuary’s revised 2018 premium rate recommendation:
- Of an average decrease of 3.3% for the 2018 premium rate; and that the decrease be applied at the Rate Group level as follows;
- That premium rate decreases of up to 7.6 per cent be allowed;
- That any increases be applied only for CMS legislation and that these increases be capped at 5 per cent