External Advisor Appointment
Approved the re-appointment of Maureen Farrow as an external advisor to the WSIB’s Investment Committee for a final term of two years (January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2016).
Confirmed the Strategic Plan as amended and file the plan with the Ministry of Labour by September 30, 2014.
2015 Premium Rates
- The premium rate for Rate Group 845 Local Government Services be increased to $2.88 per $100 of insurable earnings for 2015;
- For all other rate groups, a 0% premium rate increase for 2015.
Research and Grants Strategies
Approved the WSIB’s Research Strategy and approved the WSIB’s Grant Strategy.
Health Care and Equipment Supplies
- Authorized an expenditure for Health Care and Equipment Supplies Preferred Provider Contracts for a 3 year term with an optional 2 year extension from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2019, and;
- Delegated to the President & CEO, or his delegate, the authority to execute contracts and/or any associated documents with selected service providers.
Ground Transportation Services
- Authorized an expenditure required for the execution of contracts for ground transportation services.
- Delegated to the President & CEO, or his delegate, the authority to execute contracts and/or any associated documents with the selected service providers for a term of up to three years.
Committee Mandate Approvals
Approved the revised mandates for:
(a) Audit and Finance Committee
(b) Governance Committee
(c) Health and Safety Committee
(d) Human Resources and Compensation Committee
(e) Investment Committee
Corporate Governance Policy
Approved the revised Corporate Governance Policy.
Corporate By- Law #1
Approved the revised Corporate By-Law #1.
Delegation of Statutory Powers and Duties
- Adopted the Delegation of Powers and Duties and confirmed that the actions taken and the decision made and purportedly made by the officers and employees of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, in administering the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997, since June 19, 2013, are valid exercises of power under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997; and;
- That the delegation be updated on an annual basis and that the President & CEO recommend necessary revisions.